Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trust LASIK to Cure Your Sight Problems

Today I want to tell you about my personal experience with LASIK procedure and how LASIK in fact changed my life.

When I got to talk to the Lasik docotr, he was encouraging but realistic. He stated that one of my eyes would be a good candidate for total vision correction, but the other eye would likely see only some (though possibly major) improvement. He stated that about one of his Lasik procedures per month are with clients with the same level of poor vision of my worst eye.  So that made me feel good!  

I would also like to encourage those people with some problems to go ahead and visit their local Lasik center (in my case I went to the Denver Lasik Eye Surgery clinic and I can't complain!) to talk to the professionals there. As I mentioned earlier, I have had some occasional problems with dry eyes. I also have pupils that dilate easily. My conditions are reasons for the procedure not to push through, but the doctor said that my conditions were only minor. Do go and discuss your individual case.

I cannot say that the information I was given made me totally relaxed about the whole procedure. I did talk myself into and out of the Lasik procedure several times during the weeks before it was done.  I followed all what the Lasik doctors told me to do  after the procedure, and I am so happy with the results! I could see much better even directly after the operation was over, and things have continued to improve. I personally do not have any of the problems that are often mentioned as effects, such as halos around lights, etc. I would strongly encourage anyone to be brave enough to go down to your Lasik center and at least talk about the Lasik procedure with a knowledgeable professional.

No comments:

Lasik - Google News

WordPress.com Blog on Lasik